Music Video


Album Cover

Click to enter the INFLUX website

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Designing Masks

For our DJ's, obviously we want them to have masks to cover their faces, but rather than buying a generic mask, we decided to design our own, just as our DJ's would do if they were real.

We purchased plain white plastic hockey masks to use as our base, as well as a selection of paint colours, brushes and sponges, masking tape and spray paint.

We began by covering our masks in masking tape, so that the spray paint would dry on the surface.
Adam then proceded to paint the bottom half of his mask with dark blue paint, and used the black spray paint to cover the top half, as well as create a dripping paint effect. He finished the mask with silver paint across the eyes in jagged lines.




I made mask through a different process. I spray painted my entire mask black once I had covered in masking tape. I gave it a couple of coats, and once dry, I used the masking tape to create the arrow shapes. I left these on the mask, then used a red spray paint to go over the rest of the mask. Once the red had dried, I peeled off the masking tape, leaving the black arrows on a red mask.




The two masks are extremely different, and we hope that they create a unique persona for each of the DJ's, whilst making an interesting band image.




As well as the masks, the DJ's will be dressed in entirely black suits, and Charley our lead singer, will wear a black dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment